Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Young Artists Segment

A photo emailed to me by my Vassar interviewer, Matt Tracey, when I mentioned my blog and my interest in the arts.

When I first started this blog, I was inspired by an article in Teen Vogue. The intention was for it to have a fashion/personal and daily style theme, which for the most part it has. However, other bits of my interests have seeped through such as Art and Music (two other subjects I'm rather passionate about). I started pointed out the connections I saw between Art I had studied and fashion I was noticing. So I decided to bring Art officially into my blog, to give it a place of it's own. So I've decided to start a segment focusing on Young Artists. I'm planning on asking my friends, my friends friends, random artists I find on the street, at the MOMA, you, your friends, etc to show us some of their work and answer a couple simple questions. I'm rather excited to bring in another of my interests to These Colored Shadows and I hope you guys enjoy it too!

These Colored Shadows.

1 comment:

  1. Great Idea! Diggin it!
    Moi apres Coco

    ReplyDelete