Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sorry Tim, I prefer it Old School.

So a while ago, I mentioned that I was super excited to see Alice and Wonderland! I found this wonderful spread that appeared in Vogue awhile back and was inspired to see Tim Burton's film. I saw it. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the original disney classic. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the vogue spread. Basically, I wasn't a huge fan of it. It threw you in to this strange world, but didn't give you much a story. The story it DID give you was, well, the Chronicles of Narnia. During the movie, I actually started thinking of the Chronicles of Narnia, expecting to see a giant Lion. And they could have gotten away with that with the visuals and the crazy world. Problem is...i've already seen this world. I saw this world already when I was a wee child, so, maybe you did make it with a green screen instead of a cartoon this time round, but still nothing really that new. The Queen of hearts was pretty funny, I guess...I understand the bad reviews now.
I received this video from multiple different people, so I decided to post it. It's pretty cool, actually. Tim Burton, this is how you remake the original..Oh, and on a side note. My brother right now is working on the Junior League Fashion Show. Guess what the theme is! Alice and Wonderland. I helped out and told them where to get some cheap straw hats. I basically saved the show. You know. I might go, we'll see if their take on Alice is more successful than this movie.

2 comments:

  1. that video is all from me! i've been putting it all over facebook! nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I love Alice in Wonderland and it pains me to hear this. I was going to watch it but I dunno now.

    Also, I want pictures of your brother's Alice in Wonderland show.

    ReplyDelete