Tuesday, January 17, 2012

That's How You Pronounce 3LAU!?

Outfit--Tank: Alternative Apparel, Sequined Skirt: Thrifted & Borrowed
There's this thing in San Francisco called EPR. They hold these weekly "concerts" for people 18+ in downtown San Francisco (actually it's like 3 blocks away from my condo, weird right?). Basically, it's used as a club for those unfortunate souls that aren't yet 21 (or have a way to appear 21) and those who kind of like raves, but not necessarily super hardcore ones. In it's simplest form, it's an dupstep concert.
I've heard of EPR for awhile now, but had never gone until this past Wednesday (yes, these weekly let's get super wasted and maybe do some drugs events happens on Wednesdays). The DJ of the week was 3LAU! (the 3 is pronounced as a B). He was kind of a mixture of house and dupstep, which I was thankful for. Although I'm completely down with listening to some dupstep when I'm high, when I'm dancing I like to have something more than a bass going crazy. You know what I mean? 
I'm still not certain if I liked EPR, but the experience was definitely interesting. The line was ridonkulous, but I liked bonding with the people waiting with us (some of these kids have the coolest tattoos). The concert itself was also enjoyable, but not completely something I was used to. Finally, the guys were a little bit more touchy feely/creepy than I wanted. Maybe it was because they were rolling?
I wasn't really sure what to wear to this thing, because I've never been to anything like this. In reality, I haven't even been to that many normal concerts. But raves seem like something completely different. You've seen those pictures right? Those girls with the sparkly bras (ok those are kind of cute), fuzzy boots (how do they ever survive in those? it's so hot!), tutus, pasties, cracked out hair, pacifiers etc. I'm really not into that. Instead I opted for my favorite grey tank from Alternative Apparel (I love the cut) and my friends sparkly sequined skirt. To add that final touch, she gave me this jewel to put next to my eye. All night girls would yell at me, "OMG matching!" Since they'd be wearing a sequined skirt too or their skirt as a shirt. I obviously wore it best though, right? 





15 comments:

  1. LOVE that first picture of you honey!!! you look so wonderful and the outfit is stunning <3

    xx Marina

    cococamarel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt! Thnx for your comment on my blog girl!
    Have a nice day

    Despina,
    juliete-has-a-gun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this is awesome! and thats so many people!
    anyways you looked gorge! love that sparkly skirt!
    xx

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sparkly skirt! I like that you styled it with a basic tee, simple but cool.

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE
    www.shopfake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG LOVING the skirt! ;)
    you look great, thanks for the lovely post
    xoxo
    leopardandsalmon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol yeah it does look a little tight in that crowd!! you look cute though i love your sequin skirt paired with a plain gray tank! i wish i went to SF more often, so many cool things there!

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks!
    cool pics n love yr sequin skirt

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is fabulous! Gorgeous.

    Glad I found your blog, I'll be back!

    xo

    http://www.DolledUpDaily.com

    Haylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a real cool place and that is a super cute skirt.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style!


    florencece.blogspot.com
    friends?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your outfit ! the skirt is just amazing for party

    ReplyDelete
  12. "dupstep"...............

    ReplyDelete