Sunday, January 8, 2012

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

Davies Symphony Hall with the besties  




Haven't been around for a while but decided to make a holiday post a little late. Went to the annual SFGC Sing Along at Davies Symphony Hall in my hometown of San Francisco. Attending this little concert (little is quite an understatement since most of the hall is full) brings back cherished memories from my time in the chorus. I love coming together with other alums who have become some of my best and closest friends in the world as we sing the carols we grew up on together.
The whole event brings together close friends, but also serves as a type of extracurricular class reunion (omg! did she lose weight? what school does she go to now? did you hear Jane dropped out of college etc etc?) and a mini-style presentation. As we've all gotten older, each of our styles has improved and gotten more unique.
I love my girl Camille's mid-low patterned dress from Forever 21 (yea, what? I need to head over there right now! Thank god they just opened a new 3 story one in SF). And Mattie's one shoulder dress is super smexy (another Forever 21 product). Finally, Taryn represents the wonderful style habits of San Francisco with her great find from a Mission Thrift Shop.
Although my girlies look BEA-U-TI-FUL this is of course MY blog. I am wearing some old bow peep toe heels with Nanette Lepore skirt with velvet and lace detailing and an American Apparel dress as a shirt.
The performance was a wonderful way to start my winter break, with the perfect level of good company, music, and candlelight. We ended the night visiting the Grove for some yummy red velvet cake (it's honestly my weakness) and mocha.

No comments:

Post a Comment