Monday, January 9, 2012

JCrew Inspired Stripes


In case you weren't previously aware, I am quite obsessed with stripes. STRIPES STRIPES STRIPES. They've become kind of my security blanket that I wear almost everyday. Whenever I go shopping I constantly have to tell myself that No, I do not need anything striped shirt you have plenty already, but I might need to change that because that just means I wear my favorite stripes far more than is healthy or perhaps even sanitary. I believe my stripes obsession came from my year in France, since they do have that beautiful and classic boatneck navy striped shirt that almost defines France and definitely the region of Brittany where I was staying. Therefore, the navy, black, and grey (which are the real colors of the French not the blue white and red) stripes are my most commonly worn items. However, I am trying to break away from that. The other day I bought an ORANGE striped shirt. I know, I am going absolutely crazy! Huge changes, I don't know if I can handle it. I will show you that shirt sometime soon.
So back to this outfit, I wore it for no good reason at all. Just hung out with my brother at his house (the last picture is a view from his living room at night). I was going for a funky Jcrew look, which is ultimately what I believe Jcrew is actually going for instead of the motherly New England pole up her ass, non-creative look most people create when wearing Jcrew. Like honestly, look at their catalogues and all their outfits look gorgeous and creative. Look at their clientale...borinnggg. Sadly, none of this outfit is actually from Jcrew--honestly it's way too expensive. But I hope you still see the inspiration. Actually, I lied! The chain necklace is from Jcrew, I bought if for my apparent goth prom dress....
Outfit-- Striped tank: Brandy Melville, Silver Skirt: H&M, Denim Shirt: Buffalo Exchange, Boots: LF


Ok I lied above, I didn't buy these boots from LF but I saw them there and I actually bought them from this random store in SOHO so I figured that was easier to find. I wear them everyday, all year round so they're a little beat up.
Look how gorgeous that view is from Glen Park/Diamond Heights in San Francisco


9 comments:

  1. thanks for the awesome comment! The tank is actually what I wore underneath the H&M tunic ;]

    I love the sparkly skirt matched with the basic striped shirt, great match!

    mango
    mangotatoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this outfit! I like how you made the skirt more casual by adding the stripes + denim. very cute. thanks for the comments! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the comfy outfit! youre so cute ! just followed ! :)

    love your style and you have such a beautiful smile!

    ♥ candace from july+after

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove your outfit here, I actually saved the photos! :) Really love your necklace too, where did you get it? And did you get that skirt from H&M recently? I really like it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! I am loving this daytime outfit! Stripes + denim outfit are such a classic combo, always love them together :) And your boots are awesome! Btw, thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog! My best advice when trying to land an internship is, just apply to as many places as you can & keep an open eye... I follow all my favourite publications on Twitter and saw one magazine tweet that they were looking for interns for Jan-April and I applied. Timing is also key, so keep a look out for when companies or magazines you want to intern for are really looking for people. Make sure you have a clean and accurate resume and great cover letter that speaks to your strengths and talks about your passion for fashion. Keep blogging and make sure you mention your blog in your cover letter, it's a GREAT asset! I've received some awesome opportunities because of my blog, so keep up the great work with yours! If there's anything else I can help you with, just let me know! Good luck hun :)

    xx, Ally
    pinsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that red wasn't one of the french colors, haha thanks for that tad bit of knowledge. I love this skirt the most, especially because you styled it with so many casual elements like the boots and jean shirt. Very cute.

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE
    www.shopfake.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey darling. I will for sure help you with the twitter widget. Here email me @ saraluromero@gmail.com and I'll explain how.

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE
    www.shopfake.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Doll! I saw your question about the twitter stream on another blog and thought I would help you out! Go here...

    https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_profile

    To get the widget. You can customize your colors and everything there! Hope this helps! Cute outfit BTW!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your response on my blog! And love this denim on you! xx

    ReplyDelete