Thursday, January 12, 2012

Playing with Petticoats

The topic of meeting and hanging out with the friends of friends was previously discussed during my last post, but I will continue it here. You see, I hung out with my friend, Sarah, and her friends from Skidmore yesterday, when they came in from Marin to the city. Now I've already met all of her friends this past October when I visited Sarah. Having almost Sarah's entire school group here visiting her made me pretty jealous. I kind of wish I had made/maintained more friends like that in college, but I am only a sophomore so I still have time!
While they were here, we did a little wandering around the mission, more specifically Valencia. Paxton and Gates, 426 Valencia (the Pirate shop), Curiousity Shoppe, Good Vibrations (sex shop, eek!) you know, the basics. Wait, actually, the sex shop should have a small pause...ummm, yea I didn't know about all that stuff there. Did you know that people walk around with anal toys in their behind!? Or that there are chairs with built in dildos? Or vegan condoms?! But afterwards, we got some food. We stopped by Bi-Rite grocery store and ice cream store! YUMMMM!!! I bought an apple, blood orange, and then brown sugar caramel swirl ice cream.
On to my outfit, I'm wearing this Petticoat Slip Coat from American Apparel. I've wanted one of these for a while--like I've wanted every skirt from American Apparel--but at about $70 it's a little too expensive for me. But I found this little gem in my friends closet that she bought for a Halloween costume. So I took, I mean, I borrowed it. Now it's a lot of fun, but it's a little extravagant? Is that the word I'm looking for? So I tried to dress it down. I was originally wearing flats, but it still felt a little dressy to be hopping on the bus with. Obviously, I then paired it with my favorite new stripes from Aritzia (my favorite Canadian store). I still sensed a good amount of looks when I was wandering around, especially on the bus, but I'll take it as a compliment. They were obviously admiring my super cute and gutsy outfit, right? Right?

Outfit--Sweater:TNA, Skirt: American Apparel, Necklace: JCrew, Boots: LF
Me, Sarah, and her Skidmore friends
Follow Colored Shadows

24 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm a college student (freshman) from sf too:) and when my friends all came back bi-rite was one of the first places we visited! And made a stop at Good Vibrations. Too funny:) Followed!

    http://canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! i like striped top so much!everyine should have like that in the closet)

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your boots! and you have such a beautiful smile :)

    Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the petticoat! very betsey johnson

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, your skirt is such a beautiful shape! <3 and I love love love it paired with that nautical top!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! Your boots are so cute!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute skirt! I'm glad I found your blog! very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! love your boots and skirt, and thanks for stopping by lunaoffduty x

    luna
    lunaoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the strip top, your blog is so lovely by the ways, i will be visiting again very soon :)


    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful girl with a great smile!! love your sweater combined with golden jewelry.

    xx Marina

    http://cococamarel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's very nice tee :)

    www.styleinsmalltown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is this outfit? I love it :) and I also love your blog as far as I've seen :) so I'm following!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have sweater very similar to the one you are wear! i love the way you wore it with the petticoat! superr cute!
    xx

    http://citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi, cute outfit! ;) loved the top, xoxo
    leopardandsalmon.blogspot.com
    added you in bloglov ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute outfit ! Nice to discover your blog and your style !

    http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute outfit! i love your skirt!! (:

    xo
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice sweater and necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a nice outfit!
    love your skirt!!

    xx ju ==> www.ju-book.com

    ReplyDelete