Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cookies Rule Everything Around Me

Sometimes I feel like I just waste my summer. I just sit there on my bed watching yet another episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians or Law & Order while aimlessly and pointlessly surfing the internet. Now, it's even sadder for me to spend my free days this way because I only get 2 days off a week and then I'm back to talking older women into buying that soft soft, 100% cotton cardigan at Banana Republic. But this weekend, I was slightly more social. Hooray! I'll tell you what I did today and safe my yesterday activities for another post, so I can pretend like I am super social all the time. 
Today, I went to Telegraph in Berkeley with my friend Camille. She was planning on going with some of her friends from high school and I just tagged along. Having grown up in San Francisco proper, I never really venture out to the suburbs or surrounding cities. I mean I live in the the city, and all these other places just surround it. But it was nice venturing out of my normal places and going to what we called the Haight street of Berkeley. I bought this really pretty mint green dress that I hopefully will do a post on very very soon. We went to a lot of different stores, but after my large $40 purchase, I tried very hard to not buy anything more. But we did get a bite to eat. 
Yummy in my tummy!
There's this place called CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me). The idea is you get to choose two freshly baked cookies, an ice cream flavor and they make you a made-to-order chipwich! It was soooo yummy, and there were so many options that I just want to go back for more! And it was only $2, which is nowhere near the most I've paid for a dessert in the Bay Area. If for some reason I find myself on that side of the Bay Bridge again, I might have to get another.
After our chipwiches, we headed back to the city and hung out in Duboce Park. By this point in the day, my outfit had changed dramatically. But what we ended up with was a mostly borrowed outfit from my friend Camille (I had slept over the night before). The outfit is slightly mismatched, but I think it turned out alright? This is my first time wearing this necklace that I bought from Forever21. I was looking for a colorful, preferably somewhat green statement piece for my job. I ended up buying this necklace, which I liked but isn't exactly the best to create a professional look. Nonetheless, it's a nice piece to add some color to my drab outfits and for my days off. I'm also wearing my handy dandy army jacket from Wasteland that my friend Catherine has been trying to steal for ages. My skirt and tank top are both my friend Camille's.
Had to add my normal dumb looking picture
Tank: Unknown
Jacket: Thrifted from Wasteland
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Necklace: Forever21
Sunglasses: Wishbone

8 comments:

  1. Hello!!

    nice outfit, I like how you convine the skirt and
    the jacket.

    I would like to eat someday that ice cream!!

    Take care!!

    www.thestylishraiinbow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ice creeam loooks so delish
    and the necklace is so flattering
    amazing outfit, so casual chic :)

    xx [ aphrodite blue ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel just like you do... like i am wasting the most precious time i have and i don't mean just summer ... I should definitely start to get out more :) Your outfit is great btw :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ice cream cookie looks absolutely amazing! My mouth is watering just looking at the picture!!! xx

    http://talesfromthedressingupbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful look!! take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look: cute yet tough!
    By the way, I love the name of your blog (:

    Please drop by,
    www.cupcakecuisine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a cute blog, I am your newest follower. If you like you can visit my little blog at www.delightfullydarling.com

    Love you outfits/posts! xo Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice outfit!! i'm a new follower , i hope you'll do the same!!
    www.fires-flowers.blogspot.it !!
    i have also a GIVEAWAY if you want participate to it!

    ReplyDelete