Friday, May 21, 2010

I Learned A New Word Today: PRAMA

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So apparently I HAD to have a prom post. So here it is my dearies. The whole process to prom was far far far more stressful than I would have like. The whole date thing, the whole finding a dress thing, the whole prom group, prom dinner, after prom party ALL OF IT was stressful and expensive. I didn't know how to deal with any of it. Honestly, the night before I was chilling with my friend at her house and she told me she had to pick up her boutonniere in the morning. I was like what the hell is that. Apparently, it's the flower you buy for the guy! I had no idea, I didn't buy it clearly. So I had to wake up the morning of prom and call a bunch of flower stores to see if any of them could make me one! It was pretty funny. I was really worried that I wouldn't have fun at prom, but in the end. I had a lot of fun. So YEY! Now, there's really just a countdown until graduation. Holy Crap! I'm excited and terrified and numb and everything you could possibly imagine.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I had this whole image to wear a light dress with a loose form, but of course I couldn't find it. Instead, I wore this black dress I bought in France last year at my favorite store named Sandro. Dressing it up was a whole other adventure. I was thinking about buying these Louboutin's but instead decided to get these Steve Maddens that were very similar in style but far more reasonable in price. My necklace was from JCrew and my clutch was from Banana Republic. I got my hair done at Edo, this awesome salon in the Lower Haight that gave me the perfect prom do that wasn't too prom-y. I got my make-up done at Bobbi Brown (they were just so nice) and my nails done at Lavande in Cole Valley--that was an experience because I NEVER do my nails. AH!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chloe and I and very different dresses. Me with my classic bitch face and chloe ready to appear in her romantic comedy.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
DJ Havoc and the Pack performed
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
then we chilled a little bit with them after
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
At one point we all shoved up and were like right by the pack. I looked down and waved at someone. I was like HEY MY NAMES RACHEL! Then I looked at him. Hmmm a black guy with grillz and a microphone....YOU'RE IN THE PACK! I tried to ask him where he got his backpack, but the music was too loud to hear what he said
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
First and last prom done and over.

9 comments:

  1. ACK!
    COINKY-DINK!

    I just had my "prom" last week!
    Didn't you totally suffer from post-prom depression!? I TOTALLY DID.

    YOUR DRESS IS AMAAAZIN'.
    SO ARE YOUR FRIENDS' dresses!
    And oh my, your venue was gorgeous.

    Come see my prom pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dress is amazing, actually, yours is the one I prefer,
    it seems you had so much fun there
    hope you enjoyed it

    marley mumbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you all look so beautiful! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like an amazzzing night sweet!
    Love your dress - you looked stunning :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool dress post:))

    thanx for ur xweet comm:))

    kiss

    www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh. i love the dress, its so nice! and kinda badass : D

    OH. i cant wait to get my prom over with. seriously. ugghhgughghgh. i have such a cynical view on prom, its becoming such a burden.

    but i'll live it, and see how it goes : D and i'll let you know! but YES. i soo agree with your last sentence.FIRST AND LAST PROM (WILL SOON) BE DONE AND OVER.

    rach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so pretty rachel! love your dress..

    xx, Amanda (Not So Naked)

    ReplyDelete